Welcome to UCSB Experimental Cosmology Group. We are an Experimental Astrophysics Group primarily focused on studies of the early universe.
Currently active projects include:
- the ESA-NASA Planck Mission
- COFE (a balloon borne CMB foregrounds experiment)
- Bmachine prototype (ground based CMB polarization)
- ARCADE (Balloon borne CMB spectrum)
- TOSS (the Transient Optical Sky Survey)
We also have a very active education and outreach program.
Having problems viewing our website in Internet Explorer? Try the Compatibility Mode.
The Planck satellite was launched at 6:12 AM Pacific Thur May 14, 2009 – Live Planck launch feed: http://www.videocorner.tv/
End of Planck: After 4.5 years of successful mapping of the Cosmic Microwave Background, the Planck Satellite was turned off on Wednesday, October 23, 2013, at approximately noon, UTC.
We are located at: Experimental Cosmology Group,Physics Department,University of California,Santa Barbara 805.893.8418
Thanks for visiting! Please leave us comments and feedback.